Acupuncture in Chester
In Chester Acupuncture has become very popular for helping multiple health Conditions ranging from pain right the way through to hormonal problems
The ancient Chinese discovered that the body was comprised of distinct energetic channels called meridians that are associated with the organs in the body. By stimulating these meridians at specific points with needles (Acupuncture) and by touch (Acupressure), the body can be brought back into balance and harmony. Acupuncture has gained increasing popularity over the last century throughout the world and is now accessible to almost everyone.
As one of the top-rated Acupuncturist in Chester people are often curious about how it helps? With that in mind, I have decided to write the Top 10 reasons to come and visit the Acupuncture clinic in Chester.
- 1. Acupuncture promotes relaxation: In today’s non-stop world it is a rare occasion for me to meet a patient that is not “stressed out”. Many people feel there are just not enough hours in the day to meet the demands of work, family and self-care. This results in most of us operating in a state of chronically high stress, which not only feels awful but is actually quite damaging to the body. Acupuncture is one of the best ways to relax the nervous system and promote a state of calm and relaxation. The majority of my patients enjoy a state of deep relaxation during and after acupuncture visits and often fall into a peaceful sleep.
- 2. Acupuncture can help improve sleep: Often as a by-product, it will help balance and regulate certain hormones. Fatigue is the number 1 health concern I encounter in my patients. Sleep is the pinnacle of hormonal health and deep healing. Most people are burning the candle at both ends. In Chinese Medicine, the term “Qi” can be most closely defined as energy. The majority of people I encounter aren’t sleeping well. This can be due to many factors including chronic stress, strong emotions, improper diet, too much or too little exercise, and even lack of breathing fresh air can contribute. The good news is that acupuncture Clinic in Chester can do wonders to nourish and balance your hormones. Instead of turning to another cup of coffee, consider acupuncture to help balance those pesky hormones.
- 3. Acupuncture can decrease musculoskeletal pain: It is one of the best options to consider for both acute and chronic pain. I use acupuncture and acupressure with great success helping my patients with pain and recovery after injury, pre and post-surgery. There are several ways in which acupuncture helps to decrease pain and promote tissue recovery including:
- signalling your body to release pain moderating chemicals called endorphins and enkephalins
- increasing blood flow to surrounding tissue to bring in nutrients, oxygen, hormones and chemicals to increase the healing process
- stimulates your body’s release of natural anti-inflammatory compounds that decrease pain and promote healing
- 4. Acupuncture can improve your mood: Mood disorders such as anxiety and depression impact the lives of many people causing a great deal of pain and suffering. Medications can be effective and are at times necessary to help manage the symptoms of anxiety and depression. Acupuncture is a safe and effective treatment for mood disorders that can be used as a stand-alone treatment as well as in combination with mood supportive medications or supplements. My patients report experiencing a significant decrease in anxiety levels and an improved sense of well-being during acupuncture visits and increasing periods of balanced mood with regular acupuncture treatments.
- 5. Acupuncture can help improve digestion: It would be more accurate to say who doesn’t have gut inflammation and digestive issues. Its no wonder that so many people have stomach issues ranging for IBS, reflux and just general bloating. These are all signs of inflammation. Some of the many digestive conditions I treat with Chinese medicine are gas and bloating, constipation, diarrhoea, IBS, inflammatory bowel disease and abdominal pain. A good digestive system is the foundation of good health. If the digestive system is not functioning optimally it trickles down to all other aspects of health and lays the groundwork for disease.
- 6. Acupuncture can help with disorders related to menstruation and menopause: Many women suffer from hormonal imbalances that manifest as conditions such as amenorrhea, painful menses, heavy menses, infertility, fibroids, endometriosis, perimenopausal and menopausal disorders. Conventional medical treatments are often ineffective for these disorders and seldom treat the underlying cause. Acupuncture and Chinese herbs are incredibly beneficial in treating the root cause of these conditions as well as providing symptomatic relief.
- 7. Acupuncture can help keep you healthy: Acupuncture is an excellent option for those people that are looking to take their health to the next level. Once my patients have recovered from the condition that brought them in to see me initially I recommend that they continue to come in once a month or quarterly for a “tune-up” to keep their body functioning optimally. I find that patients that come in for preventative acupuncture “tune-ups” experience higher energy levels, and an increased sense of well-being and get sick less frequently than my patients that come in only when they are feeling ill. I am a big advocate for using acupuncture as a form of preventative medicine.
- 8. Acupuncturists view each person holistically and individually: No two people are alike. Every cell in that person’s body is interconnected to others and is functioning as part of an integrated whole. In other words, acupuncture treats the whole person, not just parts and pieces. The root causes of a symptom that two people are experiencing may be completely different. During the initial exam, a full health history is taken. Questions are asked regarding overall health and symptoms, lifestyle choices, exercise, nutrition, career paths, and other life factors. All aspects of the patient are considered when putting together an effective treatment plan.
- 9. Acupuncture is recognized by well-known and leading national and international health organizations: The National Institutes of Health and the World Health Organization are among those organizations who recognize that acupuncture is effective in the treatment of over 50 western medical diseases, disorders and symptoms including pain, infertility, allergies, depression/anxiety, migraines, digestive issues, arthritis, fibromyalgia and more.
- 10. It’s officially one of the oldest forms of medicine. It can be traced back to 5000 years ago. If it didn’t work it would not have stood the test of time. Its highly effective and you can check out my reviews here https://mill-acupuncture.co.uk/reviews/
If you would like an appointment in the Chester Acupuncture branch. Please call our friendly reception team 01244 960450 or 0800 468 1008. We are located not far from Chester crown courts.
A virtual tour can be had here along with the address. Click here for a virtual tour